Monday, May 5, 2014

All your base are belong to us

Back again after a short intermezzo. I've been busy this weekend, as I celebrated my birthday (yes my birthday is on StarWars day), had a nice party, Saturday night, and a diner party at my parents house, on Sunday. But now on to the good stuff.

I got me some Legion of the Damned from my friends, couldn't be happier, because from now on, I don't have to use some crappy marines as stand-ins. Whoohoo!


These are without question, the coolest models the codex has to offer!
I couldn't just let them sit there, they had to be assembled right away. Now I couldn't just put them on dull regular bases, so I'm trying to base them properly. I've never done this before, so if you have some pointers, please help me out, we all want these guys to properly pose, when on the battlefield, don't we?



So I've gone ahead and cut up some foam and stuck the pieces to the bases using regular white glue. After that, I diluted some more white glue down with water, in a  50-50 mix, and let the foam soak it all up. I hope this will harden the foam, so it can take a bit of a beating, in the years to come. After that I put some small stones on them, and sprinkled it with a fine and sharp sand.

Next up will be the painting of the bases, I'm still not sure what color scheme to use. Normally I would paint them grey stone on a sandy underground. But it would also be really cool to make them look if the Legion was coming straight from hell, mwuhahahaha!

 
What say you: should I paint them up as on regular stone, to fit with the rest of my army, or like they are standing on fiery brimstone?

1 comment: